Why Product and Service Videos Work
Product videos and service videos are specifically produced to educate consumers about a company’s offerings, explain the features and benefits, and differentiate the product from the competition’s offerings. In the best instances, they are massive drivers of sales for companies that use video marketing effectively. For a few examples, consider Blendtec’s “Will it Blend?” series of videos where the company shows the incredible durability and effectiveness of their product through a series of humorous videos throwing everything from an iPhone to golf balls into the blender. Another great example is Dollar Shave Club, which created a humorous product video that went viral and skyrocketed the company’s fortunes. Did the video work? In July 2016, the once-tiny startup company sold for $1 billion to Unilever. You don’t need pie-in-the-sky success stories to incorporate video production into your marketing goals, though. Here are some other compelling statistics:
- The Online Publishers Association found that 80% of users recalled watching a video ad in the past month, with 46% taking some follow-up action.
- 44% of buyers viewed an online video while searching for local products or services.
- 53% of viewers contacted the business after viewing a video, 51% visited the company Website, and 33% visited the store.
- 7 out of 10 Millennials are likely to watch a company video when shopping online.
- 4 out of 5 shoppers say videos about how a product works are important.
- 96% of consumers find video helpful when making online purchasing decisions.
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Brightcove, a marketing company, found that 62% of consumers had a negative image of a brand that had poor quality videos and 23% would hesitate to purchase from the brand.
Product and Service Video Examples
Product Launch Video for Technology Company
Medical Technology Services Video
Home Products Demonstration Video
Product Video for Perricone MD Skincare Products
Why JLB Media Productions?
Quality corporate video production is important to your branding and marketing efforts. We pride ourselves on working only with experienced professionals from skilled videographers to our in-house editing staff, voiceover artists, and motion graphics professionals. Our creative director has feature film experience and his work has played at more than 40 film festivals nationwide, garnering 25 award nominations and 8 wins. We are a business-oriented company that understands how video production fits into the greater marketing goals of our clients. Most importantly, we pride ourselves on great customer service throughout the process and affordable video production that works with our clients’ budgets.
Unlike a one-man-band setup where you hire a video professional to shoot and edit your videos, we provide valuable video marketing and creative guidance throughout the process and delegate tasks to professionals who specialize in each aspect of production. We look at the video production process both from a creative and from a marketing standpoint.
For EnGenius’s EnGuardian product video, we wrote the script and developed the creative concept
- “JLB produced a sales associate video tutorial for our company. We chose JLB based on their experience in this area. They did an excellent job throughout the process -–pre-production, filming, post including finishing touches that resulted in a high quality training tool. JLB suggested creative additions that make the video very engaging to the target audience. The final product represents RSI Home Products objectives and is functioning as an excellent training tool. We were impressed with their expertise and execution–we look forward to working with JLB on future projects.” – Mona Salama and Karen Purcell, Marketing Specialists RSI Home Products
- “The staff at JLB Media are complete professionals. They put together a comprehensive plan working with my vision in mind and executed flawlessly. Having zero experience I felt very comfortable throughout the entire process. I receive compliments on a regular basis from my clients on the videos that they put together for me. If you need any other information feel free to email me with questions.” — Bruce Bitman, Alligator Laundry
- “Our practice, Portland Pearl Orthodontics, had the wonderful experience of sharing our very first filming experience with JLB. They were professional, incredibly helpful every step of the way, friendly, and gave us exactly what we were looking for (or maybe didn’t know we were looking for-that’s how happy we are). We could not be more thankful for how smooth the process was and how excellent our final product is. Thank you JLB.” – Sheena, Portland Pearl Orthodontics
Though we have staff located in both Portland and Los Angeles, we are a national video production company with more than one hundred video professionals in our network with whom we have worked previously throughout the United States. In our 8+ years of business, we have filmed almost 700 videos in 93 of the top 100 U.S. metro areas and 40 U.S. states, including the District of Columbia.
For our clients, national coverage is often very important because it allows us to film at their locations in many states without incurring travel expenses and meet all of their video production needs. For companies with video production needs nationwide, finding numerous video companies to complete all of the work is time consuming and nerve-racking. We take the stress out of the process by offering the same rates in each U.S. market and work with talented professionals we know and trust.
We have a network of more than 100 videographers nationwide
We keep our pricing competitive and affordable for small businesses and large businesses with heavy video production needs by recommending only what is essential to creating great videos. Our typical budget range is between $1,500 and $6,000 per video, depending on length, complexity (locations, actors, post-production work, etc.), and volume. Our goal is to win long-term clients, which means offering competitive rates and working with our clients within their budgetary constraints. Both of our earliest clients, Integral Senior Living and BPM Senior Living, still work with us today. We don’t strive to be the cheapest company in business. We strive to provide the best value because quality video production is important. Just as most of our clients don’t try to make the cheapest products or services, but the best products and services, we want to match the quality of their videos to the quality of their brands.
We produced a Kickstarter video for an anti-glare product called Sven Can See
Video Production Help and Tips
If you’re still in research mode, we want to help! We run an active blog to help marketers understand video production better, gain useful advice, and come up with winning strategies for their video marketing plans. Here are some helpful links:
- Using Video Case Studies to Boost Product Sales
- The Power of Video to Move Products
- Cost Considerations and Budgeting for Video Production
- Should You Create One High-End Video or Several Cheaper Videos?
- Corporate Video Production on a Budget
Also, check out our free white paper for helpful information about video creation and video marketing.