Product & Service Demos
Why Product Videos?
Product videos and service videos are specifically produced to educate consumers about a company’s offerings, explain the features and benefits, and differentiate the product from the competition’s offerings. In the best instances, they are massive drivers of sales for companies that use video marketing effectively. For a few examples, consider Blendtec’s “Will it Blend?” series of videos where the company shows the incredible durability and effectiveness of their product through a series of humorous videos throwing everything from an iPhone to golf balls into the blender. Another great example is Dollar Shave Club, which created a humorous product video that went viral and skyrocketed the company’s fortunes. Did the video work? In July 2016, the once-tiny startup company sold for $1 billion to Unilever. You don’t need pie-in-the-sky success stories to incorporate video production into your marketing goals, though.
- The Online Publishers Association found that 80% of users recalled watching a video ad in the past month, with 46% taking some follow-up action.
- 44% of buyers viewed an online video while searching for local products or services.
- 53% of viewers contacted the business after viewing a video, 51% visited the company Website, and 33% visited the store.
- 7 out of 10 Millennials are likely to watch a company video when shopping online.
- 4 out of 5 shoppers say videos about how a product works are important.
- 96% of consumers find video helpful when making online purchasing decisions.
- 4x as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- Brightcove, a marketing company, found that 62% of consumers had a negative image of a brand that had poor quality videos and 23% would hesitate to purchase from the brand.