The year 2018 is quickly coming to a close, and you can be sure that 2019 will bring innovations and exciting new trends in video production and usage. Let’s explore some of these trends we expect to see in the new year.
Video Marketing Is Becoming More Popular Online
More businesses are creating videos and making them available to clients for a number of reasons, including the following:
- Introducing new clients to their products and services;
- Telling existing clients about upcoming product launches and expanding services;
- Training customers on how to use a product or service;
- Promoting their business brand;
- Keeping customers engaged; and
- Attracting new customers.
While businesses are creating and posting more videos, they tend to be shorter than in the past. In the next year, we’ll continue to see this trend of businesses reaching out to their clients via more videos that are short and to the point. These videos tend to run between 1 and 5 minutes in length.
It will also be common in 2019 for businesses to create video series. A number of videos posted about a brand, a product or product category, or a suite of services will be commonplace, each video running up to 5 minutes in length, and one video leading directly into the next. For example, instead of creating one video that’s 50-minutes long, businesses will create ten separate videos, each one running 5 minutes or so.
If you were to compare this to books, it’s like publishing the chapters of a book separately instead of publishing an entire book. This makes it more manageable for the reader, who can then pick and choose which chapters to read. In the world of video, this strategy works very well, because viewers who are short on time can decide which videos to watch and which ones to skip.
Having ten short videos available makes it more likely that your customers (and future clients) will take a moment to watch at least one of them; if you put all your efforts into creating just one long video, a large percentage of your clients will skip it, and you’ll lose your chance to reach out with additional branding and marketing opportunities. Break up your long video into several shorter ones.
New Trends in Corporate Video Production
When it comes to training new employees, as well as ongoing corporate training efforts, more and more will be done through video. Businesses are finding that they can cut costs and streamline training by capturing vital information in the form of videos, then letting new and existing employees watch these training videos at their own pace.
As with marketing videos aimed at customers, training videos for employees are becoming shorter, each one a vital element of a longer series. Each video focuses on a specific topic, and it leads directly into the next video. A series of shorter videos will hold the employee’s attention; what’s more, when it’s time to go back and review a specific concept or topic, it becomes easier to find, since each video is separate and clearly labeled with the subject matter.
What’s Happening with Promotional Videos
Promo videos are becoming more engaging, entertaining, and high-quality. Promo videos in 2019 will be more polished, each one telling a complete story in a short span of time, anywhere from 30 seconds to about 2 minutes at most. Story-based videos that touch the heart or make viewers laugh will become especially popular.
To Sum It Up
In short, here’s what we expect to see in video production for 2019:
- An increased use of online video marketing;
- Businesses will create multiple series of short videos for their customers;
- Businesses will incorporate more videos in their employee training efforts;
- Video production quality will continue to improve, with videos becoming more polished and professional;
- Story-based short promo videos with a personal touch, or with a sense of humor, will be especially popular; and
- Overall, more videos and video series will be created to grow businesses and streamline both operations and marketing efforts, with each individual video being short in length to maintain interest.
Turn to JLB Media for Your Video Production Needs in 2019
We create attention-grabbing, top-quality videos for branding, training, corporate communications, and much more for clients across the nation. To begin your video marketing efforts, contact JLB Media today!