Besides being valuable marketing pieces, corporate video production can help boost your company’s search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. Since video production for marketing purposes is largely about attracting more customers, gaining SEO benefits from your corporate videos is a no-brainer. Let’s take a look at some statistics to demonstrate another value that video marketing has for companies’ marketing efforts:
- YouTube is the second largest search engine, behind Google (and owned by Google), which means it ranks ahead of both Yahoo and Bing for user searchers. Placing your video on a company YouTube channel gives you additional opportunities to reach customers.
- A comScore study found that Website visitors stay on a page two minutes longer when it has a video. The average time visitors stay on a Website impacts its page ranking, which is essential for excellent rankings on Google. The faster visitors “bounce” from a site, the less relevant Google thinks the page is for the user’s search query.
- Brightcove found that videos posted to social media were shared 1200% more than both text and pictures combined. Increased shares can lead to increased likes and engagement with a company’s social media channel, which in turn improves traffic to the Website.
[vc_single_image image=”5140″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” onclick=”custom_link” link=”http://www.jlbmedia.com/landing/guide-to-video-production-video-marketing/”]
- Casey Henry at Moz states that having a video compared to just text increases the number of linking domains to a page by three fold. Because visitors prefer videos to simple text, they are more likely to link to the page. Referring domains is a critical element of high search engine rankings.
- Marketingland found that 62% of Google universal searches include videos, which are displayed at the top of the search results. With most searches showing videos, chances for ranking improve by using both text-based pages and video landing pages with descriptive text.
- aimClear found that video search results had a 41% higher click-through rate than text results. Not only are videos more likely to rank highly, but they’re more likely to generate traffic for a company’s Website.